Pages

Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Obligatory Intro Post

I'm Ashlie and I like books.

That's the important thing, right?

I'm 25 and I love YA and I adore coming of age in contemporary settings and in fantasy settings and in paranormal settings and even in dystopian societies. I love books that make me cry and the ones that get under my skin, the ones that I wear like a heavy weight on my shoulders. I love the ones that flood my bloodstream with fizzy bubbles and make my toes curl, when I have to hide my face to muffle the squeals. I love diversity in books and I keep waiting for YA to catch up with it. I'm critical of these matters, probably more critical than I might be of books. Picking favorites is HARD and sometimes I am generous with my stars because I'd rather love and adore books than hate them, but sometimes the book just can't do you any favors. At any rate I DO try to be fair; a book might not be for me but that doesn't mean it can't be enjoyed by anyone else, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment